We’ve had such a busy November that we can’t believe it’s already December! It’s the most important time of the year for most small businesses as they try to make the most of festive sales. So, as we’re all about to give it our all and end the year on a high, we’d love to share with you exactly how we’ve spent our November. Take a look below!
What We’ve Been Up To
- We celebrated far and wide as it was our two year anniversary. It’s been an amazing two years filled with great opportunities, and helping inspirational business owners.
- We’ve hosted a successful social media cafe as part of the GEW events.
- It’s been a month of brainstorming and planning our next move for 2018. We have lots of exciting new ideas coming your way.
- Stef has continued our work with the agency Oi, working with new clients and business opportunities, delivering social media training and developing great content strategies.
- Delivering training has come thick and fast this month from the initial setting up of your Facebook pages to developing full blown engagement strategies.
- We’ve been dreaming about crackers and turkey as we’ve been fully immersed in devising both our own and clients’ social Christmas campaigns.
- We’ve continued our work with the WEA Guernsey and devised an exciting new 3 month content plan and ad d campaign for them to help launch their great new courses.
- We also continue our support of the Guernsey Literary Festival.
All Things Social Team News
We love sharing a little about our own worlds with you too, so on a personal note Stef spent a weekend in London reliving her youth at a Steps & Vengaboys concert. She then balanced it out with a West End performance of An American in Paris, and is now feeling so inspired by the arts that she wants to book a trip to Paris immediately! Plus, November also saw a massive focus of her blog relaunch. Exciting times!! Mary has spent her down time relaxing and could often be found exploring the snowy covered mountains in Upper State New York with her pup Sheba. Sam has been delving further into the world of consumer behaviour with dedicated training, and attending a neuroscience talk on decision making. All finished off with a mulled wine or ten whilst trying to tour as many Christmas markets as possible.
Blog Post Round-up
November has seen our blog posts span from exploring the latest Pinterest and Instagram features to our very own Stef sharing her own personal story about how she’s built up her business. Here are some of our favourite posts from the month:
November’s Social News
We are rounding up the social media news every week now, which means that each month, we will just highlight the top stories, as opposed to overloading you with amonth’s worth of social news stories. Tech moves far too fast for that!. To see our weekly round-up, you can browse ‘This Week in Social‘. Here are the top pieces of news from November:
You can now tweet up to 280 characters! Did you notice something different when you went to send a Tweet this month? You got it, Twitter’s long-awaited move to make tweets 280 characters finally rolled out this week. So far it seems like no one really knows what to do with the extra space. No more excuses to leave out a link to your content and use hashtags! (via New York Times)
Instagram will soon let you follow hashtags! Some users spotted a new feature on the hashtag search page; an option to “follow” that hashtag. Currently, you can only follow individual accounts, so this would be huge for brands trying to get in front of new users, and users looking to see more relevant content. Perhaps a fix for their algorithm showing less content in our feeds? Stay tuned! (via Digital Trend)
You can now upload any photos from your camera roll to Instagram stories. Forget all of the complicated workarounds to “hack” the 24 hour limit on uploading older photos to Insta stories. You can now access your entire camera roll to upload. This is great, especially for businesses and social managers. All of us at ATS are thrilled! No more excuses, get story-ing everyone. (via Later)
Twitter confirmed they are testing a new “tweetstorm” feature. Twitter are working on a feature to better connect any series of tweets that are meant to be read together but because of Twitter’s character limitations appear in separate posts. You will be able to write a series of tweets and then click post all tweets at once. This could be a very helpful feature for social campaigns and participating in tweet chats. (via Tech Crunch)
That’s it for this month. How was your November in your business? Let us know below!
Liked this post? Pin it!